- One of the first consumer facing product NVIDIA worked on;
- First product of this kind that was introduced to the gaming market;
- Didn’t know the exact user demographics;
- Product requirement loosely defined.
- Design pound twice a week trying to figure out what we were trying to build;
- Parallel design and development. We just didn’t have much time: it was four months from the date of product discovery to announcement and being able to demo at CES;
- Few formalities, faster iteration.
- Designers and developers took ownership of the product and felt responsible for what they worked on;
- Fostered a start-up culture in this 10,000 person company;
- Single layer of design review with CEO; other reviewers are integrated in the process.
- Lack of product requirement;
- Research fell behind;
- Design by committee.
At the end of the day, we are extremely happy we made it. We are proud of ourselves designing for the forefront of technology.